Sleet seeks the unexpected. Make us think. Our crew possesses a wide variety of tastes and styles, from classic to center to edge, but it is craft and passion that drive us.
We are currently open for submissions for our Spring 2021 edition.
Our Submission Policies
We will accept up to 5 poems, 3 flash, 1 short story or CNF piece, or a small handful of irregulars*.
- • We aim for quick turn around time; we do our best!
- • Please include page numbers in works of fiction.
- • We do not accept novel excerpts.
- • Send work as a single Microsoft Word (.doc,.docx) or Open Document Text (.odt) attachment.
- • Include a short bio written in 3rd person.
- • Please send us work only once per submission period.
- • Sleet does not pay. We are all volunteers.
Simultaneous Submissions and Previously Published Works
Sleet, wholeheartedly and without reservation, encourages simultaneous submissions. If a piece appears with us first, we do ask that Sleet be credited as its primary place of publication. In addition, we will consider showing previously published work as long as it is identified as such. We do not regard work on a blog or personal website as previously published.
An irregular is a genre-crossing bit of writing — something that overflows borders or maybe never had any. It could be an impression, a vignette, a 1-line flash. A general rule of thumb: If you don't know where to send it, send it here. An irregular should not stray over 500 words. It may be comprised of a single piece or a constellation of work.
Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
All work is the property of the artist.
“We love Irregulars.”